SettingsPane opens when spacebar is pressed

Question

• Hello,

Don't know what I've changed but this started happening recently. Whenever I press the space bar (which is an important key in the functionality of my app) the SettingsPane opens. It's very frustrating and I'm unable to find anything about it online or in these forums.

Is there a reason for this? or a way to suppress the SettingsPane opening until I call it.

I'm only calling the SettingsPane to be opened at one point and it has nothing to do with the space bar.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Thursday, June 7, 2012 5:36 PM

All replies

• This isn't normal behavior. Do you see it in other apps?

How is your app triggered to bring up the SettingsPane? If the focus is on a button that calls that then the space bar would trigger it.

--Rob

Thursday, June 7, 2012 5:50 PM
    Owner
  • I have an image that when the "PointerPressed" event occurs it calls SettingsPane::Show(). So it could be the case that the image that calls this is the focus. Any way to check?

EDIT: Just put a breakpoint in my code at the only point that Show is called and it never hit it, but the pane still showed up.

EDIT2: A little more testing. I noticed that when the settings showed up, the "More settings" was highlighted. So I decided to press the Tab key once, and then press the Spacebar and it didn't happen. Is there a way to set the first tab position on the tab queue? Or a reason that the Settings pane is the first on the tab queue when I open my app?

• Edited by DLAlex Thursday, June 7, 2012 6:11 PM
    Thursday, June 7, 2012 5:51 PM