none
test Network Direct on Windows Server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I installed Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 SDK on one Server 2008 cluster node, and I want to test the Sample code of Network Direct.

On this cluster node, I have Infiniband hardware and drive installed. But I couldn't get the samples run, for example the ndcat application, I got the error message: NdStartup failed with 80004002 Line: 65.

Look deeply into the code, I found the position where the error comes from. It's because pClassFactory->CreateInstance failed, and returned value "E_NOINTERFACE". I suppose something is still missing on the cluster. Does anyone know how to fix it? Many thanks.

Shiqing
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 4:06 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Please let me know whether you are using GigE or Infiniband (IB). If you are using GigE, then make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest version of the GigE drivers that support Scalable Network Packets (SNP).

However if you are trying to execute NetDMA code over IB then I am not sure whether it is supported or not. See the following blog for more details,

http://blogs.technet.com/gmarchetti/archive/2007/09/10/mpi-over-iwarp.aspx

Hope the above helps.

Thanks.

Saswati

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 8:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am researching on the issue and will update you at the earliest.

Thanks,

Leena

Thursday, October 23, 2008 11:44 PM
  • Hello,

Please let me know whether you are using GigE or Infiniband (IB). If you are using GigE, then make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest version of the GigE drivers that support Scalable Network Packets (SNP).

However if you are trying to execute NetDMA code over IB then I am not sure whether it is supported or not. See the following blog for more details,

http://blogs.technet.com/gmarchetti/archive/2007/09/10/mpi-over-iwarp.aspx

Hope the above helps.

Thanks.

Saswati

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 8:31 PM
  • Do you know how to use NetDMA in the development of a driver for Intel PRO 1000/PT quad port using NDIS?
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 9:27 AM