sqlite in javascript

Question

• Hello,

im creating an app with sql connectivity in visual studio 2012 i could not do so since visual c++ runtime is not available to add it as a reference.so i get this error sayin.

Warning 1 The SDK "SQLite.WinRT, Version=3.8.4.2" depends on the following SDK(s) "Microsoft.VCLibs, version=11.0", which have not been added to the project or were not found. Please ensure that you add these dependencies to your project or you may experience runtime issues. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets 1728 5 sqlite3

Friday, April 4, 2014 8:47 PM

Answers

• Tim Heuer walks through how to use SQLite in a Windows Store app in both .Net and JavaScript in his blog entry UPDATED HOWTO: SQLite with Windows 8 apps .

You should be able to add a reference to the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Package by right clicking on the References folder in the Solution Explorer:

--Rob

Friday, April 4, 2014 9:29 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Tim Heuer walks through how to use SQLite in a Windows Store app in both .Net and JavaScript in his blog entry UPDATED HOWTO: SQLite with Windows 8 apps .

You should be able to add a reference to the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Package by right clicking on the References folder in the Solution Explorer:

--Rob

Friday, April 4, 2014 9:29 PM
    Owner
  • Note to myself: Adopt the SQLite3-WinRT JS component to depend on the official SQLite WinRT component.

We decided against it back then when we developed it, because the SQLite team could not deliver a stable WinRT compatible version at the time. So we patched our own version of sqlite3.c untile the WACK was happy with the code. This has improved I understand, so it might be time to bind the JS component to the native WinRT component. We do have some more binary fixes in our C++ component though, like Windows locale based collation, which is really helpful when sorting numbers naturally and not like strings.

An interesting point: We tested several ways how to transfer the data from SQLite across ABI borders and settled on JSON. We are just sending a big JSON formatted Platform:String back (which I guess is very easy to deliver across the ABI borders without marshalling) and in JS we create a JSON object from that. Creating the JSON object on the C++ side and sending that back to the JS code was slower. With the String approach we can feed about 20K of complex records (that includes the SELECT statement) in 2 secs, while all other mechanisms took way longer than 10 secs.

Friday, April 4, 2014 10:13 PM