none
How to move 3D objects or images through kinect hand gestures RRS feed

• Question

• Hello John,

I am new to Kinect for windows development, currently i am working on a serious project where i have to implement some Hand and fingure gestures.SO i am using the latest Kinect SDK 1.7.  

Basically my objective is to move/rotate and navigate through 3D objects either with hands or fingures. For this initially i am trying to move the Image with hand-cursor, so that i want to apply this process for 3D models.

SO i have followed the Controls Basics WPF example code given in Kinect for windows developer Toolkit1.7.0. 

• It would be great if John or somebody please answer my following queries regarding hand gestures :

Where can i find the code in the kinect SDK samples for the hand gesture cursor?i mean how am i getting the hand symbol?actually i cannot see anything written about the hand cursor in the example code?And i am wondering how it is working?

Can somebody help me in moving a image alone using this handcursor with grip facility?

and could you please help me in getting X,Y positions of this handcursor?Becoz i need this parameters to do some movements to my 3Dmodels?

Thanks and regards

PF_Kumar
    Sunday, May 19, 2013 10:44 AM

Answers

• Have you reviewed the code from the Interaction Gallery-WPF? All the code for the WPF controls are provided as part of the Toolkit.Controls project(KinectRegion, HandPointer, KinectAdapter, InteractionFrameData). If you are not familiar with WPF, you will need to have a good understanding of how these work if you want to use the controls. The HandPointer has a GetPosition function that returns a value relative to a UIElement.

If this is too much overhead and you want to base something lower level there is always the Skeletal data you can use for RAW input. If you don't know how to process this data, have a look at the Channel9 Quick Start videos.

http://channel9.msdn.com/series/KinectSDKQuickstarts/

There was also a Kinect Interactions video you want to look at as well.

http://channel9.msdn.com/coding4fun/kinect/Getting-started-with-Kinect-Interactions

• Proposed as answer by arctorx Friday, May 24, 2013 11:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by PF_Kumar Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:51 AM
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:36 PM