none
Reference Website for Office XML namespaces RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Ben,

As far as I know, the namespace URI is not used by the parser to look up information.
    The purpose is to give the namespace a unique name. However, often companies use the namespace as a pointer to a web page containing namespace information.

So I don’t think it is possible.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 31, 2014 9:51 AM
  • Fei Xue is correct.

If you have a parser that needs to validate a document against all the schemas indicated by the various namespace names, what you actually need is

a. a copy of the actual schema. In some cases, you will find the schema at the address indicated by the namespace name. In other cases, including this one, you won't.
     b. to know how to tell your parser where to find your copy of the schema. That will vary from parser to parser. Even when someone has used the XML Schema attribute "schemaLocation" to indicate the location of a schema, it is only really a "hint" - see, e.g. http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#schemaLocation

Peter Jamieson

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 8:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Ben,

As far as I know, the namespace URI is not used by the parser to look up information.
    The purpose is to give the namespace a unique name. However, often companies use the namespace as a pointer to a web page containing namespace information.

So I don’t think it is possible.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 31, 2014 9:51 AM
  • Fei Xue is correct.

If you have a parser that needs to validate a document against all the schemas indicated by the various namespace names, what you actually need is

a. a copy of the actual schema. In some cases, you will find the schema at the address indicated by the namespace name. In other cases, including this one, you won't.
     b. to know how to tell your parser where to find your copy of the schema. That will vary from parser to parser. Even when someone has used the XML Schema attribute "schemaLocation" to indicate the location of a schema, it is only really a "hint" - see, e.g. http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#schemaLocation

Peter Jamieson

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 8:18 AM