none
General Setup and Environment Best Practice RRS feed

• Question

• First, I'm 100% new to WebsitePanel and just looking for some general guidance with my current setup (or possibly new setup). My current environment is setup for my company web/email only, and I'm looking to move all my clients in-house vs. continuing to support each client separately. I'm just in the research phase and nothing is set in stone. All recommendations are very much appreciated.

My current setup:

Server1 (DL320 2003R2 x64 P4 4GB RAM) - DC, DNS, Web, PHP 5, MySql 4, SEP11
    Server2 (DL360 2003R2 x64 Quad Xeon 8GB RAM) - Exchange 2007, BES 4.1.7, SMSMSE 6.5

All the documentation is pretty well written to install WebsitePanel, but I don't see a general "environment" setup for a typical baseline of recommended number of servers (virtual or otherwise) and where to install what (ie. Microsoft Web Platform Installer, DC, Exchange, etc).

Everything is humming pretty well right now for my needs, but again...looking for an environment guide to bring my clients over.

Do I get a 3rd server to install WSP?
    Can I install WSP on top of this current setup, and to which server?
    Or, best to start with 2 fresh OS installs...and then how to spread out all the services/apps (DC, WSP, Exchange, BES)?

Thanks in advance!

Sunday, May 1, 2011 3:13 AM