Error; Table is required for copy activity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm relative new to DataFactory. I've done some things with it but now I want to make some things with variables and loops. I've followed this tut: http://microsoft-bitools.blogspot.com/2019/06/staging-with-azure-data-factory-foreach.html

And now I get 2 validation errors: 2 times the same message:

Copy stage table
    Table is required for Copy activity.

My copy activity looks like this:

Is there anyone who can tell me what I am doing wrong?

I've tried to find a good error message but I only get the message 'the tablename is wrong'. But I can't see what is passed throug by my solution...

Anyone has an idea?

Thursday, December 5, 2019 12:40 PM

Answers

• In the blog you are referring to, has only one text box for table name but I see there are 2 boxes. One for schema and another for table name. 

You can try something like below and see if it works. I have hardcoded schema and table, you may use item() expression there and no need to concat here.

If the response helped, do "Mark as answer" and upvote it
    - Vaibhav

• Marked as answer by MiKeHendriks Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:25 PM
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 2:09 PM

All replies

• Can you please share screenshot of Source dataset as well.

- Vaibhav

Thursday, December 5, 2019 1:49 PM
  • In the blog you are referring to, has only one text box for table name but I see there are 2 boxes. One for schema and another for table name. 

You can try something like below and see if it works. I have hardcoded schema and table, you may use item() expression there and no need to concat here.

- Vaibhav

• Marked as answer by MiKeHendriks Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:25 PM
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 2:09 PM
  • Ohhhhhhhhhh men. I have been struggling with this for around 6 hours and it's só easy.

Thank you very much!

Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:26 PM