none
Add-in framework and use of a common library RRS feed

• Question

• I am building some add-ins for use in a WPF application. My add-in uses a common library of behavior that I am constructing ... all parts of the pipeline reference this library (configured to not make local copies of the lib) in method signatures. I have a problem using the common library because of what appears to be some kind of library loading issue. As the pipeline is being formed, I get a message that says:

"Could not rebuild pipeline:
    No usable HostAdapter parts could be found in assembly "C:\Users\Thomas B Winans
    \Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\AddInConsoleTest\AddInConsoleTest\App\Hos
    tSideAdapters\multiplier.common.dll".
    No usable Contract parts could be found in assembly "C:\Users\Thomas B Winans\Do
    cuments\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\AddInConsoleTest\AddInConsoleTest\App\Contra
    cts\multiplier.common.dll".
    No usable AddInAdapter parts could be found in assembly "C:\Users\Thomas B Winan
    s\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\AddInConsoleTest\AddInConsoleTest\App\Ad
    dInSideAdapters\multiplier.common.dll"."

Now this add-in was successfully loaded and functionality invoked prior to introducing a common class library.

Can anyone offer some insight into how a common library should be used? Must it be gac'ed for example?

Thanks,
    Tom

Tom Winans
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 3:50 PM

Answers

All replies