Windows Live Connect REST API support for Windows Embedded CE 6 and .Net CF 3.5 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am a developer wanted to develop a hotmail calendar client using windows live connect REST API and Event object. My question is whether the live connect api is supported through .Net CF? If it is not , is there any way to develop similar application in Win CE? 

Monday, September 19, 2011 10:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Using the Live Connect APIs as a plain REST service is absolutely a supported scenario. Please check out the "Rest API" section of the documentation reference.

Let me know if this could use some more clarification. And sorry for the late response.

Thanks,

Matt

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:59 PM

All replies

• Hi, I am a developer wanted to develop a hotmail calendar client using windows live connect REST API and Event object. My question is whether the live connect api is supported through .Net CF? If it is not , is there any way to develop similar application in Win CE? 

Working with Live Connect requires that you are able to login the user via a web browser. I'm not sure there is a web browser control in .NET CF. If there isn't then you will not be able to use Live Connect from .NET CF. 
    Monday, September 19, 2011 11:06 AM
  • I can see that, Windows.Live namespace is unavailable in .Net CF.

But is there no way to access calendar events programmetically via C# and .Net, I mean by using 'Socket' or 'HttpWebRequest' object and then sending raw json to hotmail server?

Monday, September 19, 2011 11:31 AM
  • I can see that, Windows.Live namespace is unavailable in .Net CF.

But is there no way to access calendar events programmetically via C# and .Net, I mean by using 'Socket' or 'HttpWebRequest' object and then sending raw json to hotmail server?

As I mentioned above, you will need to log the user in, get consent and then acquire an access token. When you have the access token you can make HTTP calls to retrieve JSON content from our servers. 
    Monday, September 19, 2011 2:54 PM
  • Hi,

Using the Live Connect APIs as a plain REST service is absolutely a supported scenario. Please check out the "Rest API" section of the documentation reference.

Let me know if this could use some more clarification. And sorry for the late response.

Thanks,

Matt

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:59 PM