Difficulties on Sending Push Notification for Windows store App with Javascript

Question

• Hi every one , i am strugling for a week to accomplish one of the most important task , so i am developping a windows store app game with javascript/HTML , what i want that Player1 can send push notification to player 2 connected  with the app .

So many suggest me to follow this link:

link1  so my app must be on the store and the registration requires a credit card ...

I m asking if Windows Azure is essential to send Push notif ?, I would like if someone have an idea, a tutorial or something to follow 

In other hand i use in my application json web services written in Php and a friend give me  an open source project on how to Send push notifications to Windows 8 applications via PHP. But i must have a clientId and client Secret.

Any help please!!

Friday, May 3, 2013 9:27 AM

Answers

• Azure is not essential to send push notifications, but it can simplify the process. You can connect to the Windows Notification Services (WNS) from your PHP service as well.

Push notifications use the store registration to address the app, so the app must be in the store to get the credentials needed for your service to identify your app to WNS.

See Push notification overview .

--Rob

Friday, May 3, 2013 10:43 PM
    Owner