none
HttpClient not working with international domain name RRS feed

• Question

• when I try to use the System.Net.Http.HttpClient to get a response from a domain that has utf characters I get an exception "The remote name could not be resolved".

How can I get around that?

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 10:49 AM

Answers

• Hello Krzysiek,

>>Exception Message: "The remote name could not be resolved"

When occur the above problem, it seems that it is a DNS problem on the network. The workstation (or the server that is getting the error) is unable to resolve the DNS name.

Please try to check the following to see if it help:

#Fixing DNS Errors: Remote name could not be resolved:

http://support.bintube.com/entries/21699126-Fixing-DNS-Errors-Remote-name-could-not-be-resolved

BTW: Before that, just check it's not the firewall creating the issue. Port being used is open and permissions given.

The error message also indicate that it cannot find proper proxy setting to connect the remote web site. Therefore, we should check if we can correctly visit the remote web site via web browser (like IE) on the server machine. If using web browser is ok, then we can check if web browser is using certain web proxy setting for connecting external site and change the .NET app to use that proxy, too.

And I notice that you want to work with the international domain name, please mark sure that idn is enabled for all like below in the config file:

<configuration>

<uri>

<idn enabled="All" />

<iriParsing enabled="true" />

</uri>

</configuration>

if this does not work for you, please let me know.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 3:08 AM