deploy an app from the store in our domain - not developing RRS feed

• Question

• Dear People,

we have a Domain with 500 computers. We want download an app from the Windows store (weather or so) and deploy this app for our users?

is there a simple way? We wan`t develop a new app, only deploy an existing app from the store?

thank you very much

Friday, June 8, 2012 11:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ioamchim.zoessmavr,

There's a blog about this that can be found here. If this isn't what you're looking to do let us know.

thanks,

John-P

Friday, June 8, 2012 9:09 PM
  • Hi John-P,

thank you for the tip, but I need a little more help:

I create a new clean win 8 PC and prepare it for an image capture - in my domain

As Administrator I install an app from the store (example AccuWeather)

when I use powershell with get-appxpackage I see all packages installed - but in my case AccuWeather is installed only for the existing user.

when I try dism to add a package to my image, then I need the appx file. But I have not an appx file of accuweather.

Thank you very much....

Saturday, June 9, 2012 12:39 PM
  • Hi,

If you haven't had the chance, please take a look at the site on Managing Client Access to the Windows Store for enterprises. If you are deploying the app in a domain environment then you may also be interested in the section on Using Group Policy to Control the Store in Enterprise environments. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jesse

• Proposed as answer by Jesse_F Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by Roberts_EModerator Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:18 PM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:09 PM