none
Standard Excel 2013 vs Excel Professional 2013 functionality differences RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a macro in Excel 2013 Standard version where the 'application.index' worksheetfunction runs without any problem, but when I run it in Excel Professional 2013 it gives a Type mismatch error.

Is there any functional differences between the two excel versions regarding VBA capabilities?

Monday, August 28, 2017 10:18 AM

All replies

• Seems to work for me under test in Professional version but please post a copy of the actual code example.

Also, are you running it on just a worksheet range or on a range in a table. If in a Table then what is the full worksheet range of the table.

Regards, OssieMac

Monday, August 28, 2017 11:09 AM
  • Hi mafeher,

If these two Excel 2013 are on the same architecture (32-bit or 64-bit), there should be the same functions.
    Please check if Excel Starndard is 32-bit and Excel Pro is 64-bit.  If Pro is 64-bit, uninstall it and install 32-bit of Excel.

If Standard and Pro are running on the same architecture, please provide your VBA (macro code).

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Monday, August 28, 2017 11:02 PM
  • Hello,

Would you get any error message if you use index function in the formula using Excel Professional? If you would get the error in the VBA macro, please test with the same macro and same workbook on two different versions and you could share the code here, we could test if the isssue could be reproduced.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 2:22 AM
  • Not certain that I understand what Celeste Li means but I think it means that because Index is a worksheet function, can you test if it will work when the function is used on a worksheet without the VBA code. That will give us an indication if the problem is with the function or with the VBA code.

In the code you could also test WorksheetFunction.Index in lieu of Application.Index.

While both of the above examples should work the same, all options should be tested to try to identify the problem.

Regards, OssieMac

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 2:52 AM
  • Hi mafeher,

How about your issue?  Has it been resolved?
    If not, please provide your code or share your Excel file via cloud storage such as OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.
    (Remember to modify/edit your personal/private information before sharing.)

Regards,

Ashidacchi

• Edited by Ashidacchi Tuesday, August 29, 2017 2:58 AM
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 2:58 AM