Admin Page to Approve or Unapprove Members RRS feed

• Question

• User2069888697 posted

If your looking for a solution to approve and unapprove members with email notification from your website this is what I have done.

You can find the solution here www.aspsksolutions.com , goto the forums and check Admin Controls via the Website

You will also find how to Require Approval When Signing up

Thursday, February 23, 2006 10:14 PM

All replies

• User2069888697 posted

I have now added role management and made setting it up easier.

Friday, March 10, 2006 3:30 PM
  • User2069888697 posted

I have been notified of 2 errors that can be thrown when using Approval and sending email.

1. No email or email format incorrect:  This problem is inherited from a flaw in the validator in the Member_Register.Aspx ( you could just add spaces or anything and it would accept it)

Replace with this to fix: This validates that the email format is abcd@efgh.com, yes someone can still put in a fake email but this is to keep the honest people honest)

<td>

<asp:TextBox ID="Email" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>

<asp:RegularExpressionValidator ID="RegularExpressionValidator1" runat="server" ControlToValidate="Email"

ErrorMessage="Not a Valid Email Address" SetFocusOnError="True" ValidationExpression="\w+([-+.']\w+)*@\w+([-.]\w+)*\.\w+([-.]\w+)*"

ValidationGroup="CreateUserWizard1"></asp:RegularExpressionValidator>&nbsp;

<asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="EmailRequired" runat="server" ControlToValidate="Email"

ErrorMessage="E-mail is required." ToolTip="E-mail is required." ValidationGroup="CreateUserWizard1">*</asp:RequiredFieldValidator>

</td>

2. Invalid Email Address: Email goes out but is returned that host or user not valid.

I have not foumd a fix for this at signup yet, but I am in the final testing of an email verification addon before the user is approved.  What this basically will do is generate a random 10 character string when the Admin pre-approves the account, emails the the string with a link, to the EmailVerification.aspx page, where they will enter there username and emailcode, once the code is verified the account will be approved and they will be able to sign in.

Anyone who has downloaded the Admin Pages from my current site will be sent this update by email.

If you recieved my admin pages from my old site and would like this update please either sign-up at my new site or email me Admin@aspsksolutions.com , I will be happy to send it to you.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 5:30 PM