The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly. RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have a webservice designed in VS 2005 and .Net2 hosted on windows 2003 server.

i am accessing a third party webservice to access some data using web references from my application. The third party webservice is hosted on TomCat. My webservice has moderate - heavy traffic which results in same traffic to the third party service. for most part the response is received successfully but on a few random requests i get either of the following errors. i have set a timeout of 210000 but i get the error even before that. i have struggled a lot to track and hunt down this error but not able to pinpoint anything until now.

The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.

The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server.

i still don't know if the issue is on my end or at the third party server config. Please Help.

Monday, October 17, 2011 8:35 PM