none
Bug in MapControl if showMapTypeSelector is true RRS feed

• Question

• We found a bug in the JavaScript map api. If we dispose the map (in which we enabled the map type selector) and than resize the browser window, we get an object disposed exception.

We think the root cause is that the api attach's to window.resize during creation of the map, but on dispose it doesn't detach from the resize event.

This behavior exists in all V8 branches.

Is there any workaround?

With best regards

Chris

Christian Wall Developer @ buetema-ag

Friday, July 8, 2016 11:41 AM

Answers

• This should now be fixed in the experimental branch of V8. You can test this by adding "&branch=experimental" to the map script URL. This fix along with other bug fixes that are in the experimental branch will be added to the main release branch at the end of the month.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Thursday, July 14, 2016 11:48 PM

All replies

• Thanks for reporting. I was able to reproduce this as well using the map without using the showMapTypeSelector option. This is a good bug. I'll have the team look into this.

Friday, July 8, 2016 5:06 PM
  • Thanks for reporting. I was able to reproduce this as well using the map without using the showMapTypeSelector option. This is a good bug. I'll have the team look into this.

Great to hear that you can reproduce this issue.

Christian Wall Developer @ buetema-ag

Monday, July 11, 2016 1:41 PM
  • This should now be fixed in the experimental branch of V8. You can test this by adding "&branch=experimental" to the map script URL. This fix along with other bug fixes that are in the experimental branch will be added to the main release branch at the end of the month.

Thursday, July 14, 2016 11:48 PM