Unable to start the simulator

Question

• I have Windows 8 on my PC and Visual Studio 12. My app simulator was working fine a couple of months ago, but when I went back to work on an old app, the simulator comes up briefly and sends the message "Unable to start the simulator. Cannot process request because the process (7864) has exited". I am guessing the problem has to do with my recent update of Visual Studio 12.

I looked on the web and found some people could fix the problem by down loading the latest NVIDA drivers. However, my video card is an AMD Radeon HD 7570 1GB GDDR5 for Win 8. The device menu says I have the latest driver for the video card.

WFC

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:47 PM

All replies

• Hi, Bill

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

Just to make this issue clearly, whether all projects have the same issue?

How about debugging this app in other machine?

If your project worked well before, but all projects have the same issue now, I’m afraid that you would check your VS, and you could try to run your VS in /SafeMode and reset VS settings to check it. If still no help, maybe you could try to repair you VS and check it.

I find some blogs about it, if possible, you could check it, hope it could help.

First look at Windows Simulator

Debugging Contracts using Windows Simulator

Best Wishes!

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 30, 2013 7:28 AM
  • Anne,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, it happens for both the apps I have in the store, which were running fine a couple of months before.

I am not sure what you mean by "Check your VS".

Could the problem have anything to do with my developers registration?

Bill

Monday, September 30, 2013 11:15 PM
  • Hi, Bill

If your app run fine in Local Machine mode, but do not work in simulator, I think there have nothing to do with your developer’s registration. May be some problems exist in your VS. If you run your VS in safeMode and the app do not work fine in simulator, may be you should uninstall your VS and reinstall it.

Best Wishes!

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, October 03, 2013 2:40 AM
  • Make sure you are running on a physical machine and not on a VM
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:27 PM
  • open the app in the Visual Studio 

goto your project folder then delete the bin folder and then debug  

Friday, October 11, 2013 7:29 AM