Problems with downloading and uploading blobs to Azure cloud via .NET application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

We created an Azure cloud application via visual studio .NET and followed the instructions given by official Microsoft documentations, we have successfully connected the application to our account storage and we are able to access the blobs and list them to our webpage. But we are unable to performs operations such as deleting a selected blob, downloading and uploading. This text is what we receive:  

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Here is a snippet from our delete code as instructed from the documentations: 

CloudBlockBlob blob container.GetBlockBlobReference(name); blob.Delete();

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 1:08 PM

All replies

• Greetings Dani,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft forums. We are pleased to answer your query.

Are you using the Blob Service REST API for blob upload/download? Could you try an upload using this and let us know how it goes? If you run into any errors please share the error message as well.

Regards.

Md. Shihab

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 11:22 AM
  • We are using MVC5 project and we followed microsoft official tutorials, "how to use blobs". I cannot see why its not working since we followed every step. As I mentioned before we can also list all the blobs without any problems. 

Regards

Dani 

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 2:30 PM
  • Greetings Dani,

I see that your issue needs a further deeper dive technically. I recommend you to create a technical support ticket
    The ticket enables you to work closely with the support engineers and get a quick resolution for your issue.

Regards.
    Md. Shihab

Saturday, January 14, 2017 9:10 AM
  • That error message is not from Azure Storage. If you believe the call to blob.Delete() is failing, please catch the exception and log exception.ToString().
    • Proposed as answer by Md Shihab Tuesday, January 24, 2017 10:15 AM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 9:48 AM