none
RDLC column data format issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is there a limitation for rdlc columns when in comes to formatting of data?

e.g. i have one column with many rows in the report and I want to display in currency or string format.

sample figure:

Columns
    $99,192.00
    string here
    $308,132.00

with that format, Would it be possible to have more than 1 datatype like the first row is currency, then the second is string, then the third is currency format again.

'im getting an output like this wherein the RDLC automatically removed the string if I  format the data as currency.

Columns
    $99,192.00

$308,132.00

Please advice.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 6:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Romzy,

Regarding your question, with that format, Would it be possible to have more than 1 datatype like the first row is currency, then the second is string, then the third is currency format again?

This may be possible if you use the ROWNUMBER function to judge if the current row number is odd or even in expression of the format. You can refer to:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159225.aspx

If this could not meet your requirement, you can consider programmatically processing your data at the dataset level to make sure that the dataset already contains the data with your expected format.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Friday, July 16, 2010 9:59 AM