none
Error when Adding Oracle database using data wizard in C# RRS feed

• Question

• I can use the Data Source Configuration Wizard to succesfully add and query MS SQL databases.  When I do the same with an Oracle database I get the following error:

Input string was not in a correct format

I can see the oracle tables and I can use the checkbox to select any table I want (Choose your database objects) but when I hit finish I get:

Input string was not in a correct format

How come this happens for Oracle databases and not for MS SQL and what can be done to correct the error.  I have not yet tried adding the database at run time and not using the wizard at all yet.

Thanks in Advance,

Would VS 2008 have the same problem with the Configuration Wizard?

Monday, October 15, 2007 6:26 PM

All replies

• The error only happens when I try to connect to the oracle database using the wizard and trying to add the oracle database using Microsoft ODBC Data Source in the wizard.  When I use the Oracle Database option it works fine.  I guess it was a case of the "rare" user error.

Thanks

Monday, October 15, 2007 6:53 PM
  • Hi,

Be sure you typed the right user name and password with your Oralce database. Here is article about How to: Connect to an Oracle Database Using the SqlDataSource Control, please refer http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178304(VS.80).aspx.

Regards
    Jing
    Wednesday, April 16, 2008 10:43 AM