WinQual Submission of driver package RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am facing an issue in submitting the Winqual test results. Our driver installer installs the driver for two locales (English-Canada and French-Canada). The driver package is same for both the locales except one XML file (LifeScanHealthCenterDeviceGeneric.xml). Based on the locale the installer deploys the XML. On French-Canada, French version of XML is deployed and on English-Canada, English version of XML is deployed. I have done Winqual testing for English-Canada locale. Do I need to do separate Winqual testing for French Canada locale as well? Will I have one security catalog for both the locales?
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 4:29 AM

Answers

• Hello NirwanHansraj

We believe  you dont have to perform testing again for French Canada Locale. All you have to do is when you create the Submission Package, Add the Locale French/Canada and create the Submission package. And go ahead and submit the results.

Thanks

Wintestlogo Team

Wintest Consultancy and Services Email:help@wintestlogo.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:17 PM

All replies

• Hello NirwanHansraj

We believe  you dont have to perform testing again for French Canada Locale. All you have to do is when you create the Submission Package, Add the Locale French/Canada and create the Submission package. And go ahead and submit the results.

Thanks

Wintestlogo Team

Wintest Consultancy and Services Email:help@wintestlogo.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:17 PM
  • Hello Wintestlogo Team,

Before creating the submission package usiing Submission tool, I need to add the driver package in Submission Tool.

While adding the driver package in submission tool, i can add XML for English(Canada) locale only.

What about the French version of XML. Will this not be submitted?

Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:31 AM
  • You dont  have to include the XMl file when you submit the Driver package to Microsoft. Only Driver binaries like dlls and Sys files are sufficient.

Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:35 AM