CSV in body of email rather than an attachment RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am sure there is an easy answer to this.  I have a report in CSV format that I need to send with its text in the body of the email messages rather than as a .csv attachment.   The message is an automated process that is parsed into another system and this is the only bit I can make work if the report data is in the body.

So I simply need all the text from the CSV report in the main email body just, i.e. in the "comment" box.

Can this be done?  Attaching the csv to the email is not a problem as long as the data is in the body.

The MHTML option will put the report in the body but it is way too rich for me to parse into the other system.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks so much.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:13 PM

Answers

• I don't believe there is a way this can be done without writing your own delivery extension.

If i was you I would be trying to get the CSV file via T-SQL, in a single text field, then render that within the body of the email as a text box.

If you ask the guys on the T-SQL forum they may help you come up with an inventive way of getting a csv extract into a single field, along with line ending returns etc. Once that is accomplished you could simply drop it into a text box.

Josh Ash
    • Marked as answer by Lola Wang Friday, December 2, 2011 8:12 AM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 11:16 PM