Black Screen after logging in locally to Windows 7 that previously had an open RDP session. RRS feed

• Question

• Here is what happens. I leave my home computer on (running Windows 7 Ultimate) and sometimes I will remote to it from another location (work, friends house, or wherever). When I return home, I will go to login, the screen then goes blank (no mouse cursor or anything). I have to do a cold boot to get back into Windows. This only happens if I ever RDP into it sometimes during the day. It seems random. I've tried logging off the RDP session, just closing it without logging off, nothing seems to be the answer in that regard. It seems very random at times. I'll go a week and I can come home and it will login fine with no problems. Then the next week it starts giving me the black screen after I come home and login locally. I've seen several black screen issues here, but usually they are getting it before logon. Anyone have a clue what might be causing this?

• Moved by Just Karl Tuesday, June 3, 2014 9:33 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 10:24 PM

Answers

All replies