none
Word 2010 Template issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Something strange in Word 2010 we have seen. We have our project COM Add-In which works absolutely fine in Word Document 2003, 2007 and 2010 but it is behaving differently only in Word 2010 Template (ok in Word 2007 template).

With COm Add-In, when I create a tempalte and close, it asks for saving the changes eventhough I don't make any kind of changes in the template. If I disable my COM Add-In, it behaves as it should.

Please let me know, why only '2010 template' is showing me this message eventhough I don't change anything.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks, Atit Shah

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 5:32 PM

All replies

• Take a look at all of the custom paragraph styles, table styles, character styles, etc  that are contained in the template and make sure none are marked to Automatcally Update.

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 5:55 PM
  • Hi Rich,

We don't do any kind of changes in the template but because of our Project Add-In, I am seeing the above message. Surprisingly, this message appears only for Word 2010 templates not for others. Any specific step needs to be checked for the same?

Thanks, Atit Shah

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:54 AM
  • Atit,

What is the Project Add-In? Is it a MS Project Add-In? How did you load it to word application? Can you give more details about it?

It will be nice if you can build up a demo project and share it on the skydirve: http://www.skydrive.com, tell us the reproducible steps list. I will try to reproduce on my side with your demo project according to your steps.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, March 2, 2012 4:56 AM
  • Sure Bruce, I will deliver with some minor legal changes very soon and will let you know at the same time.

Thanks!

Thanks, Atit Shah

Friday, March 2, 2012 3:02 PM
  • Hi Bruce,

Please download this from the following link and let me know asap if you could find some resolution. Thanks in advance for your great co-operation.

<links removed>.

Regards,

Atit Shah

Thanks, Atit Shah

• Edited by Atit Shah Monday, March 19, 2012 5:27 PM security reasons.
    Friday, March 2, 2012 4:14 PM
  • Atit Shah, I can reproduce your problem on my side according to your steps, but the problem can't be reproduced on  Office 2007 just as you described. I am not sure why this happens if your Add-In is installed. So, I will help you other engineers to help you. There might be some delay about the response. Appreciate your patience.

In order to better analyze your problem, can you give more details about the functions and features of your COM Add-In?

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, March 5, 2012 7:23 AM
  • Thanks Bruce, looking forward for your reply. Our COM Add-In searches the terms from the documents (as per our business) and shows the result in a seperate Windows form. Once you click on any button of COM Add-In, then the actual process starts but this issue occures with the precense of COM Add-In itself which is surprising. Kindly get back to me once you get some positive news from the other engineers. Thanks.

Thanks, Atit Shah

Monday, March 5, 2012 3:41 PM
  • Hi Bruce,

Please let me know if you have found anything. Or do you think that Microsoft needs to provide a hotfix for this?

Thanks, Atit Shah

Friday, March 9, 2012 2:28 PM
  • Hello Atit,

I'm looking into the issue.  I have been able to reproduce the issue here as well.  Sorry for the delay.

Thanks,

Aaron

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:49 PM
  • Hello Atit,

Are you writing\modifying any metadata or document properties in either the document or template with your addin?

Thanks,

Aaron

Friday, March 16, 2012 9:34 PM
  • Hi Aaron, Bruce,

Thanks for your help. We found the problem and we are looking for its fix. I have asked the query recently in the below thread, if you could assist on that it would be great. Solution of the problem is the hard-coded template name inside C++ region which was causing the problem and that should be replaced with dynamic code. Closing this thread now.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/worddev/thread/0294ff92-b51c-46b8-9afa-dda9e6a805a5

Thanks, Atit Shah

• Marked as answer by Atit Shah Monday, March 19, 2012 5:16 PM
    Monday, March 19, 2012 5:16 PM