Database's storage location and App Service location is different - Will this incur additional amount in my bill ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

My Azure Database's storage location is West US and all other service (Azure App, Resource Group, ...) uses South Central US as Location.

Will this incur additional amount in my bill ? If I use the database for App Service ?

Is it there any way to change Location ? If possible is it required charge ?

Please provide me the info

Thanks In advance

Bipin

• Edited by Bipin. P Saturday, October 15, 2016 10:07 AM
    Saturday, October 15, 2016 10:03 AM

Answers

• Yes - there are additional cost and obvious performance implications of this arrangement.

You can either redeploy your App Service to a the second region or migrate SQL Database to the first one. If you want to minimize downtime, you can configure SQL Database with Active Geo-Replication and then switch between the primary and secondary instance.

Details at https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/sql-database-geo-replication-overview/

Alternatively, you can take a backup of the primary and create a new SQL Database using the backup

hth
    Marcin

• Edited by Marcin PolichtMVP Saturday, October 15, 2016 11:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bipin. P Sunday, October 16, 2016 6:02 PM
    Saturday, October 15, 2016 11:16 AM

All replies

• Yes - there are additional cost and obvious performance implications of this arrangement.

You can either redeploy your App Service to a the second region or migrate SQL Database to the first one. If you want to minimize downtime, you can configure SQL Database with Active Geo-Replication and then switch between the primary and secondary instance.

Details at https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/sql-database-geo-replication-overview/

Alternatively, you can take a backup of the primary and create a new SQL Database using the backup

hth
    Marcin

• Edited by Marcin PolichtMVP Saturday, October 15, 2016 11:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bipin. P Sunday, October 16, 2016 6:02 PM
    Saturday, October 15, 2016 11:16 AM
  • Thanks for the reply
    • Edited by Bipin. P Sunday, October 16, 2016 6:02 PM
    Sunday, October 16, 2016 6:02 PM