none
language of access : copy database troubles RRS feed

• Question

• i do have access in dutch language ... if i copy to a client with the english version , all the queries that use "Formuleren" (= Forms) give an error ... how can i avoid it
    Tuesday, May 31, 2016 12:17 PM

Answers

• By using an English (en-NL) environment and an English localized Access on your development machine.

There is imho no other reliable way.

It not only affects queries. Also when you use a from reference bound to a control or use it in an assignment in code.

When you're sure that only queries are affected: Then use an UPDATE query on MSysQueries to change the Expression column. But make a backup first.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 1:52 PM

All replies

• By using an English (en-NL) environment and an English localized Access on your development machine.

There is imho no other reliable way.

It not only affects queries. Also when you use a from reference bound to a control or use it in an assignment in code.

When you're sure that only queries are affected: Then use an UPDATE query on MSysQueries to change the Expression column. But make a backup first.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 1:52 PM
  • Hi tekoko10,

The suggestion given by the Stefan Hoffmann can only be the solution for this issue.

you can use update query to change "Formuleren"  to " Forms".

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 4:29 AM
  • i thought i had the english environment for years .... probably it changed by upgrading to windows 10

i changed the language again in the control panel of windows , and everything is ok now

thanks

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 6:19 AM
  • Not necessarily.

I had to reinstall Windows 10. An news app asked for my region. So I entered DE. Well, this started a complete transformation of Win10. It replaced any en based content, application or program link with a German version.

It's one those new user friendly features, I guess.

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 7:32 AM