Project My screen issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I recently updated to the latest update and I had no problem with anything. Apart from the project my screen app. I can't seem to project the screen to any of my laptops, one running Windows 7 Home premium, the other running Windows 8.1 Pro. I've also tried 2 USB cables so the cable not faulty. I feel like I've done something wrong, could I have a tutorial on how to use the app? Thanks

Hakim

Monday, April 14, 2014 3:23 PM

All replies

• Hello, I recently updated to the latest update and I had no problem with anything. Apart from the project my screen app. I can't seem to project the screen to any of my laptops, one running Windows 7 Home premium, the other running Windows 8.1 Pro. I've also tried 2 USB cables so the cable not faulty. I feel like I've done something wrong, could I have a tutorial on how to use the app? Thanks

Hakim

I'm having the same issue. My understanding is that there's some sort of app that I need for the PC to be able to do this but I'm not sure where it's available. The regular windows phone app doesn't seem to have this functionality yet.
    Monday, April 14, 2014 4:42 PM
  • Folks,

The project my screen application has not yet been made available.  This is a separate stand along application that runs on it's own outside of the Windows Phone sync app.

Please watch for more information as we have it.

Thank you,
    Eli A.

Windows Phone Support - Tech Lead

Monday, April 14, 2014 4:56 PM
  • Note that the wireless connection also requires specific hardware and firmware in the phone. It is a Miracast option, but the current devices that may support it may need some additional updates, likely from their OEM to support it. In the case of Nokia, I would guess that would be with Cyan, which I would guess would be when the regular 8.1 is released, not this dev preview one. It has been indicated that the Lumia 1520 will support this, but mine says my device doesn't support wireless. That is much smaller print than the text that says 'Searching', so it seemed to me it was looking for my receivers, until I looked closer. For now, guess we wait for the desktop app needed for USB.
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:45 AM
  • Excuese me, I have got my Lumia 720 update right now,

and also setup the project my screen Apps on the computer.

but i still found my phone remain searching when i connect it with the computer through the USB  cables.

I have clean up all the USB hard drive as well

Sunday, April 20, 2014 9:51 AM