none
Using VS2015 + Inf2Cat + Driver Signing RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to enable Inf2Cat in VS2015 for our driver projects

When I turn on Inf2Cat vs2015 starts creating a new subfolder in my project bin folder

example...

Inf2Cat > run Inf2Cat = no

Path = .\bin\driver\win10\x64\<pdb, sys and stamped inf files>

Inf2Cat > run Inf2Cat = Yes

Path = .\bin\driver\win10\x64\driver\<inf files only>

The .pdb, inf and .sys file still exists under \x64 folder

Then Inf2Cat runs... which is recursive and see's both sets of INF files.  The new ones in the new sub folder fail since the .sys file is missing.... it's one folder up, with the other inf files.

Is this a bug or am I missing how to configure this?  It's been really hard to find specific details on Inf2Cat and usage via VS.

Friday, December 18, 2015 9:05 PM

Answers

• Yes it's a single vcxproj fle, no solution files are saved/used.

Looks like in vs2015 this is controlled in Driver Install > Package Files section.

You list the files you want to copy to the new inf subfolder.  After finding this i was able to make it work.

Monday, December 21, 2015 6:20 PM
  • Hmm.  I haven't played with that in VS2015 yet.  In VS2013, when you create a driver project, it creates a separate "Package" project.  The base project builds the driver, and the "Package" project builds the package, including running Inf2Cat.  Do you only have one vcxproj in your solution?

Tim Roberts, Driver MVP Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Friday, December 18, 2015 10:03 PM

All replies

• Hmm.  I haven't played with that in VS2015 yet.  In VS2013, when you create a driver project, it creates a separate "Package" project.  The base project builds the driver, and the "Package" project builds the package, including running Inf2Cat.  Do you only have one vcxproj in your solution?

Tim Roberts, Driver MVP Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Friday, December 18, 2015 10:03 PM
  • Yes it's a single vcxproj fle, no solution files are saved/used.

Looks like in vs2015 this is controlled in Driver Install > Package Files section.

You list the files you want to copy to the new inf subfolder.  After finding this i was able to make it work.

Monday, December 21, 2015 6:20 PM