Active Directory is a requirement of SharePoint modul? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to use SharePoint WSP module in a non-AD enviroment?

Thx,

Peter

Monday, May 21, 2012 6:58 PM

All replies

• Hello,

A bit of a late reply but from the looks of it:

it isn't possible. (atleast following the guide of: http://www.websitepanel.net/SharePoint-module/wsp-hosted-sharepoint-solution-pre-deployment-tasks )

Regards,

Marco

Key4ce - IT professionals: www.key4ce.eu

Monday, May 28, 2012 4:18 AM
  • I haven't installed sharepoint in a non-ad enviroment. As far as I know, sharepoint can be installed without AD, so the anwser is probably yes. However, it also comes with the warning that some quirks may apply and the experiment might fail.

Thanks.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com. Microsoft One Code Framework

Monday, May 28, 2012 8:36 AM
  • Hey Lloyd good to see you around again ^^,

As far as Sharepoint it self is concerned there's no problem installing it without Active directory, But websitepanel seems to imply it requires AD (if i read the manual).

Either that or the manual should be edited :-)

(tho i must say i haven't tried.. so i can't be for sure).

Key4ce - IT professionals: www.key4ce.eu

Monday, May 28, 2012 8:45 AM
  • Glad to see you Marco :) Thanks for always helping people in WSP community, it's really appreciated.

For op's question, since I haven't exactly implement that scenario, so the answer I could give will only be with "probably". Hope someone has implement this can provide a perfect answer.

Regards.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com. Microsoft One Code Framework

Monday, May 28, 2012 8:57 AM