.Net coding and SQL Server tables that work with the membership/roles situation RRS feed

• Question

• If we want to add a new web page to the web application and create and give access to a specific new role, what are the technical requirement for doing this?  How would you go about implementing this functionality? 

For eaxample,

For a new webpage called MyNewWebPage.aspx, I want to add it to the web application and create a new role that can access that page.  The new role could be called MyNewRole.  I then want to be able to assign any random users of the web application to have access to the MyNewWebPage.aspx functionality by assigning them to the MyNewRole. how can I do that???

Varun
    Monday, February 14, 2011 4:06 PM

All replies

• Monday, February 14, 2011 5:28 PM
  • Also, bear in mind that the membership provider is extremely flexible.  You can change the stored procedures it uses, alter the tables, override the code.  You can customise or replace prettty much any part of it you want to.

And if you google there are a stack of articles out there on the web about how to do so.

On small internal systems you could alternatively use active directory roles instead.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:28 AM