Cannot update the logos in package manifest

Question

• Hi ,

This is kind of strange. I have a windows 8 app in C# and I have created a Logo.png with 150x150 pixels.

The file exists in Assets and I tried with no luck to add it in the Scaled Assets section.

But I'm always getting an error and cannot see the image.

When I browse I select the Logo.png which is 150x150 pixels and VS creates the scale 100 picture which is also 150x150 pixels(I can see that from the files). The Assets folder in my solution has the files included.

So my question is why I'm getting the error in the scale 100 section ?

I have also open with an xml editor the increased the Version by one but still nothing.

Any ideas ?

Friday, October 03, 2014 9:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Zakkar,

I believe when you mouse hover the red-error mark you should be able to see the detail error messages. What's that, can you share with us?

Actually you do not need to insert the image to the assert folder manually, but instead, you can click the browser button below to select a image from your local folder, then the image will be saved to assert folder automatically and will be renamed to a correct File Name.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by zakkar Monday, October 06, 2014 7:03 AM
    Friday, October 03, 2014 2:00 PM
  • Hi James and thank you for your reply . I found out what is going on. I had accidentally selected in my Assets Folder of the solution the scale sized picture and that was the conflict. When I removed it and left only the Logo.png everything was in order. Sorry about this. thank you
    Monday, October 06, 2014 7:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Zakkar,

I believe when you mouse hover the red-error mark you should be able to see the detail error messages. What's that, can you share with us?

Actually you do not need to insert the image to the assert folder manually, but instead, you can click the browser button below to select a image from your local folder, then the image will be saved to assert folder automatically and will be renamed to a correct File Name.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, October 03, 2014 2:00 PM
  • Hi James and thank you for your reply . I found out what is going on. I had accidentally selected in my Assets Folder of the solution the scale sized picture and that was the conflict. When I removed it and left only the Logo.png everything was in order. Sorry about this. thank you
    Monday, October 06, 2014 7:03 AM