Unable to login on www.live.com with different live id than the one used on windows login

General discussion

• When I use a live id for windows login IE will automatically use that login when going to www.live.com. Unfortunately there seems to be now way to use a different live id in this szenario with www.live.com. When logging out from www.live.com the browser redirects to msn. Going to www.live.com will automatically log me in with the live id used at windows login. I like the auto login but it would be great to have an easy way to use a different live id to login on www.live.com. FireFox logs in automatically, too, but if you logout and go to www.live.com again, the login page of www.live.com is shown and I can enter an alternative live id. Maybe a feature to login with a different live id on the live.com site helps, too, similar to how SharePoint enables using multiple accounts. But I think it's a general thing with IE that it behaves in this way. What do you think about this?
    Tuesday, October 04, 2011 8:49 PM

All replies

• When I use a live id for windows login IE will automatically use that login when going to www.live.com. Unfortunately there seems to be now way to use a different live id in this szenario with www.live.com. When logging out from www.live.com the browser redirects to msn. Going to www.live.com will automatically log me in with the live id used at windows login. I like the auto login but it would be great to have an easy way to use a different live id to login on www.live.com. FireFox logs in automatically, too, but if you logout and go to www.live.com again, the login page of www.live.com is shown and I can enter an alternative live id. Maybe a feature to login with a different live id on the live.com site helps, too, similar to how SharePoint enables using multiple accounts. But I think it's a general thing with IE that it behaves in this way. What do you think about this?
    Just remove the cookie for Live account alone. In Firefox under Tools > Option > Privacy > Remove individual cookie and move live from that list

Microsoft MVP - Windows Expert (IT Pro)
    Tuesday, October 04, 2011 9:31 PM
  • Well, I like how FireFox does it the way it is. I have issues with Internet Explorer 10. With IE I cannot use a different live id.
    Tuesday, October 04, 2011 9:42 PM
  • Well, I like how FireFox does it the way it is. I have issues with Internet Explorer 10. With IE I cannot use a different live id.
    On IE I'm not sure if we have that option on IE.  Try this software http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/internet_explorer_cookies_view.html not sure if it's compatible with IE10

Microsoft MVP - Windows Expert (IT Pro)
    Tuesday, October 04, 2011 10:35 PM
  • After relogin the problem is gone. Don't know what is different.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 6:38 AM