none
DTM's CopyResult Task Type fails ... why? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using WKL 1.6. Two of my tests are failing simply because the copy result task fails with message like this:

"Cannot Find Pattern "C:\WLK\JobsWorkingDir\Tasks\WTTJobRun07E3EF5E-BAC1-4A5C-9012-FA782635D35C\ifstest.log"
    Error Code 2 (The system cannot find the file specified)"

On the client computer I have observed these folders being created and then automatically deleted when the test is done. So why can't the DTM studio "find the file"?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!!!

• Edited by HumblePie Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:01 PM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:40 PM

All replies

• Can you provide the name of the failing test?

Also is the whole test failing (the top level result) or just the task failing with the top level result passing?  Generally tasks such as this are set to run as "ignore fail and continue" so they show up as the latter. 

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Friday, December 14, 2012 7:37 PM
  • Hi GeroGek!
    Thanks for responding!

To answer your question; the top level Jobs are also failing.

Actually I'm having this problem with two "Jobs"
    1) "Installable File System Filter Test"
    2) "Antivirus Installable File System Filter Test".

In each of these jobs the "Execute" tasks fail with the same root cause "Task is Marked Failed as it had non-zero Fail Counts in the LogFile" The suggested resolution says, "The task was marked failed after parsing the log file".

Then each job also has a failed task called "Copy Log" having very similar messages:
    From Job: Installable File System Filter Test

Cannot Find Pattern "ifstest-virus-cntfsresults.log"
    Error Code 2 (The system cannot find the file specified)

From Job: Antivirus Installable File System Filter Test
    Cannot Find Pattern "C:\WLK\JobsWorkingDir\Tasks\WTTJobRun07E3EF5E-BAC1-4A5C-9012-FA782635D35C\ifstest.log"
    Error Code 2 (The system cannot find the file specified)

Interestingly each of the failed Copy Log tasks have the identical End Times as their correspondingly failed Execute tasks. So it seems the Execute tasks failure to parse the log file is because they were ... deleted??

I hope you can provide some insight.

• Edited by HumblePie Friday, December 14, 2012 10:44 PM
    Friday, December 14, 2012 10:39 PM
  • Failures in the tasks named "Copy Log" in those tests can be safely ignored-- they're set to not fail the job when if they fail and don't roll up failures to the parent result. 

The "Execute Test" task however does fail the job-- there should be logs for the "Execute Test" tasks that should have some details on what's causing your test to fail.  Are those available for those tests?

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 4:16 AM
  • Hi HumblePie,

These two tests require some partitions configured and mentained onto the system. Find below the CSV formatted  table.

DriveLetter,Volume name,FileSystem,Space

G:,NTFS,NTFS,2GB or more

I:,CNTFS,NTFS with Compression,2GB or more

K:,FAT,FAT,1GB or more

L:,FAT32,FAT32,1GB or more 

M:,EXFAT,EXFAT,2GB or more

N:,UDF,UDF,2GB or more

O:,REFS,NTFS with Compression,1GB or more

Along with this requirement, following requirements should also be fulfilled:

- Antivirus product should not be expired, or it should be within the trail period.

- When these tests are running, that particular client machine should have the focus set. [it should not be in sleep or any other mode]

Try this out and let me know if any issue.

Thanks,

Nilesh.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:32 AM
  • Thank you Nilesh and gerogek for your suggestions!! I have been temporarily diverted but will definitely try your suggestions and report back here.
    Thursday, December 20, 2012 5:11 PM