Possibilaties with Blend RRS feed

• Question

• I

n my continued journey through web development and design I have become reasonably proficent with HTML , CSS, C#, I have taken short courses in Java Script and PHP and while not proficient I am familiar with these. Expression Design, Expression Web, Visual Studio 2010 Pro and have recently aquiered Adobe Photo Shop CS5.  I am now looking at tutorials and reading a book on Expression Blend. I need ideas as to  what I should be able to accomplish using my combined assets and developing skills..  What kinds of applications would be good for practice and continued growth in the technology?  I find that this field holds a great interest for me as a second career at 55years old I would appreciate any input that might help me move from the "hobbyist" toward a professional application of my efforts.  Not looking to get rich but there is a lot to be said for enjoying your work and finding fulfillment through it.

Regards,

MIKE E

"It's like déjà vu all over again." — Yogi Berra
    Monday, April 18, 2011 6:30 AM

Answers

• Hello Mike,

I guess one of the most interesting potential of Silverlight are line of business apps. Here is a great series of LOB hands on labs.

To improve your scills on Microsoft Expression Blend you might be interested in Toolbox.

Furthermore, there are the some useful whitepapers and firestarter labs.

But you are not limited to build great apps for the web using Expression Blend 4 and Visual Studio 2010. Building custom behaviors for Expression Blend 4 can also be quite intersting and challenging at the same time.

Best regards,

Martin

• Marked as answer by ebermed Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:43 PM
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 7:16 AM

All replies

• With 60 views and 0 replies I can only assume that I have worded my inquiry incorrectly or that it is an invalid question in the first place.  I am by no means trying to high jack some one else's ideas or handiwork.  I am just curious at the capabilities of the combination of Visual Studio and Blend as well as other teach such as ASP.NET and some of the graphic design software that I have acquired.  I guess like most of us I just want to leave my mark in design/development history, have fun while I am doing it, meet some interesting folks along the way and lastly but not leastly to finish well.

The next round is on me,

MIKE E

Monday, April 18, 2011 7:41 PM
  • HI ebermed,

i am really hearten to see your second replay..!! Now a day's the growth technology is WCF / Silverlight. The Look & Feel issue is covered 100% using Blend with more dynamic,dashing, hot, .....etc. You have also skilled in C# or other. you can also add some time to contribute your study on WPF / Silverlight. 

Thank's

atik sarker
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:15 AM
  • Hello Mike,

I guess one of the most interesting potential of Silverlight are line of business apps. Here is a great series of LOB hands on labs.

To improve your scills on Microsoft Expression Blend you might be interested in Toolbox.

Furthermore, there are the some useful whitepapers and firestarter labs.

But you are not limited to build great apps for the web using Expression Blend 4 and Visual Studio 2010. Building custom behaviors for Expression Blend 4 can also be quite intersting and challenging at the same time.

Best regards,

Martin

• Marked as answer by ebermed Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:43 PM
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 7:16 AM
  • it is helpful for me.thanks

Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:54 AM
  • Martin,

Great resources!  I am working the "Tool Box" very structured and I like the way it is presented from both the designer and developer point of view.  I am excited about the possibilities.  I also was recompensed a program for 3D called Blender 3  it is a free open source software with a very extensive support system.  I found a very good teaching resource for Blender 3 at Lynda.com which also has several units on Blend as well as the entire Expression Studio package.

Again thanks for the information and encouragement.  I look forward to further communications with you in the forum.

Regards,

MIKE E

Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:43 PM
  • Atik,

Thank you for your reply and information it is very encouraging.

Regards,

MIKE E

Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:46 PM