Error : DEP0700 : Registration of the app in the layout folder

Question

• <p><span style="line-height:115%;font-family:'Tahoma', 'sans-serif';color:black;font-size:8pt;">Hi,</span></p><p><span style="line-height:115%;font-family:'Tahoma', 'sans-serif';color:black;font-size:8pt;">While running&nbsp;a sample WIN 8 Metro style app, I am getting the following error. Please point me to the references where I can found the resolution.</span></p><p><span style="line-height:115%;font-family:'Tahoma', 'sans-serif';color:black;font-size:8pt;">Error :&nbsp;DEP0700 : Registration of the app in the layout folder "C:\Users\&lt;alias&gt;\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\MyFstApp\MyFstApp\bin\Debug\AppX" failed.&nbsp;MyFstApp</span></p><p><span style="line-height:115%;font-family:'Tahoma', 'sans-serif';color:black;font-size:8pt;">Appreciate your help.</span></p><p><span style="line-height:115%;font-family:'Tahoma', 'sans-serif';color:black;font-size:8pt;">Regards, </span><span style="line-height:115%;font-family:'Tahoma', 'sans-serif';color:black;font-size:8pt;">Chaitanya</span></p><p><span style="line-height:115%;font-family:'Tahoma', 'sans-serif';color:black;font-size:8pt;"></span></p>
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 5:27 AM

All replies

• Hello,

were there any additional errors in the output window?  if not, could you open up the event viewer (Windows key + x), select event viewer. Expand the nodes Applications and Services Logs | Microsoft | Windows | AppxDeployment-Server.  Select the node Microsoft-Windows-AppXDeploymentServer/Operational.  Are there additional errors?  You might want to deploy the app again and repro the issue to easier match the date and time in the event viewer. 

much appreciated,

mike

Friday, June 29, 2012 5:23 PM