none
Custom context menu is not displaying always in word add in RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have added new custom context menu item in word add-in.Here the problem is that when you select some word which has spelling mistake and do right click , my custom context menu is not displaying.It is only displaying after i ignore the spelling mistake error.can you please help me out ?

Friday, November 9, 2012 4:58 PM

Answers

• Hi CHandramohan

Context menus reflect the current state of the range - the context. Rather than changing the items offered in the same menu, there is a different context menu for each state. If a range is marked "for proofing" then the context menu shown is the idMso ContextMenuSpell. So you'd need to add your customization to that context menu, as well.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Saturday, November 10, 2012 7:42 AM
  • Hi Chandramohan

You can download a complete listing for all Office 2010 built-in Ribbon controls here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6627

Install the EXE, which extracts to quite few Excel workbooks. Locate the one for Word and open it in Excel. Scroll down (to around row 3000) to get to the list of context menu controls. From there, do a Find, by row, on "Grammar" and you should turn something up.

Saturday, November 10, 2012 11:06 AM

All replies

• Hi CHandramohan

Context menus reflect the current state of the range - the context. Rather than changing the items offered in the same menu, there is a different context menu for each state. If a range is marked "for proofing" then the context menu shown is the idMso ContextMenuSpell. So you'd need to add your customization to that context menu, as well.

Saturday, November 10, 2012 7:42 AM
  • Hi Cindy,

Thank you very much for your help.

Saturday, November 10, 2012 10:05 AM
  • Hi,

Here i am facing one more problem. Now i am not able to see my context item for Grammar. Please tell me the idMso” name for grammar context

Saturday, November 10, 2012 10:29 AM
  • Hi Chandramohan

You can download a complete listing for all Office 2010 built-in Ribbon controls here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6627

Install the EXE, which extracts to quite few Excel workbooks. Locate the one for Word and open it in Excel. Scroll down (to around row 3000) to get to the list of context menu controls. From there, do a Find, by row, on "Grammar" and you should turn something up.

Saturday, November 10, 2012 11:06 AM
  • Thanks a lot. It was really a very nice experience.

Saturday, November 10, 2012 12:12 PM