Alert Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Error

You do not have an e-mail address.
    Alert has been created successfully but you will not receive notifications until valid e-mail or mobile address has been provided in your profile.
    how can i solve this problem ?
    -tommy

jcksting
    Friday, August 27, 2010 7:43 PM

Answers

• Hi

the only thing was to delete the "user profile service application" and recreate it 

thanks for u time and help MO

-Tommy

jcksting
    • Marked as answer by UANET AB Monday, August 30, 2010 7:07 PM
    Monday, August 30, 2010 7:07 PM

All replies

• What mailing system do you use and does your user have a email adress defined in Active Directory ?

regards Stefan.

http://www.n8d.at/blog
    MCTS - SharePoint / WSS Configuration and Development
    Friday, August 27, 2010 8:06 PM
  • Are you running SharePoint Foundation 2010 or SharePoint Server 2010? If it's Server, then you need to create a User Profile Service Application and run a full sync with AD to create profiles for your users. Of course, make sure they have a valid email address specified in their AD profile beforehand.
    Muhanad Omar, SharePoint MVP, @muhanado
    Friday, August 27, 2010 8:09 PM
  • Hi Muhanad

sharepoint server 2010 and yes i havealready created a new user profile service application

i tried to delete a user profile,and ran a full sync again witout  success

-Tommy

jcksting
    Friday, August 27, 2010 8:36 PM
  • Tommy,

Is the email attribute being synced? If it is, can you please verify that your Web Application is consuming a proxy group which contains the User Profile Service Application proxy?

Thanks,
    Mo

Friday, August 27, 2010 9:29 PM
  • Hi Mo

thanks for u answer

but what do u mean with " can you please verify that your Web Application is consuming a proxy group which contains the User Profile Service Application proxy?"

Tommy

jcksting
    Friday, August 27, 2010 9:39 PM
  • Navigate to the "Manage web applications" page, highlight your Web Application, and then from the Ribbon, click on "Service Application Connections". Make sure there's a check next to your User Profile Service Application.
    Friday, August 27, 2010 9:44 PM
  • yes it was checked

-tommy

jcksting
    Friday, August 27, 2010 10:03 PM
  • Then there's a possibility it could be a timer job issue. There's a timer job definition called "User Profile to SharePoint Full Synchronization" which synchronizes user information from the user profile application to SharePoint users. Check to see if this has been run since your last profile import. If not, manually run it and see if that works.

Central Administration > Monitoring > Review Job Definitions, locate and click on the timer job I mentioned and then click "Run Now".

Friday, August 27, 2010 10:48 PM
  • Hi

the only thing was to delete the "user profile service application" and recreate it 

thanks for u time and help MO

-Tommy

jcksting
    • Marked as answer by UANET AB Monday, August 30, 2010 7:07 PM
    Monday, August 30, 2010 7:07 PM
  • Hi,

I'm having the same issue "You do not have an Email address..." in SharePoint Foundation 2010. Could u pls help me fix this issue.

Thanks 

Monday, February 14, 2011 11:44 AM