Is there any System Center Management Pack/Azure Pack for monitoring Azure App Service? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am using System Center 2012 R2.

I would like to know if there is any System Center Management Pack which can be used to monitor Azure App Services (e.g. Web App)?

Thanks very much!

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 8:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

I suggest you to refer the below thread for details.

http://kristiannese.blogspot.no/2014/10/understanding-windows-azure-pack-and.html

In general, Azure Pack doesn't provide any monitoring. it only gives you some visibility into the resource allocation when it comes to your cloud resources, such as VMs, web sites, SQL databases etc. There's not monitoring, no notifications, alerts or anything in the case something goes wrong or doesn't performed as expected. 

SCOM is the solution when it comes to monitoring. Both at the fabric layer (the infra running the Azure Pack environment, including the Azure Pack components) and perhaps also the VMs if you have access into the guests with credentials as well as a network path.

Hope this helps.

Girish Prajwal

• Marked as answer by juvchan Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:10 AM
    Friday, November 27, 2015 9:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

I suggest you to refer the below thread for details.

http://kristiannese.blogspot.no/2014/10/understanding-windows-azure-pack-and.html

In general, Azure Pack doesn't provide any monitoring. it only gives you some visibility into the resource allocation when it comes to your cloud resources, such as VMs, web sites, SQL databases etc. There's not monitoring, no notifications, alerts or anything in the case something goes wrong or doesn't performed as expected. 

SCOM is the solution when it comes to monitoring. Both at the fabric layer (the infra running the Azure Pack environment, including the Azure Pack components) and perhaps also the VMs if you have access into the guests with credentials as well as a network path.

Hope this helps.

Girish Prajwal

• Marked as answer by juvchan Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:10 AM
    Friday, November 27, 2015 9:20 AM
  • Thanks Girish!

Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:10 AM