none
Questions related to Outlook MailApp RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am exploring MailApp for Outlook to re-write my existing Outlook task-pane add-in. I searched a lot for the following but could not find:

1. Notification similar to MailItem.ItemSend event.

2. Objects for Folder and related notifications.

3. How does MailApp load up when I am working in offline or cached-exchange mode? Do the app files get cached on the device?

Regards

~Surjya.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 1:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>> Notification similar to MailItem.ItemSend event.

>> Objects for Folder and related notifications.

A mail app is a webpage that is hosted inside Outlook. Outlook activates it and makes it available to the user contextually with respect to the item that the user is currently viewing (from Mail apps for Outlook). I’m afraid there no such kind of events supported in the Mail App currently.

Roadmap for Apps for Office, VSTO, and VBA

If this is a feature you want to include in future versions of Mail App for Outlook, I suggest you submitting a feedback to Office Development Platform User Voice.

>> How does Mail App load up when I am working in offline or cached-exchange mode? Do the app files get cached on the device?

I assume you mean the Outlook Offline Setting like the figure below:

The Outlook Offline Settings will not affect the Mail App activation, since Mail App is built on a Web Application, so whether the app files (HTML, CSS, and JavaScript) get cached or not depend on the web application rather than the Outlook.

Interaction of typical components when the user starts Outlook

Hope it will help.

Regards,

Jeffrey

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 1:46 AM