ZoomedOut contains a GridView which contains the Headers of my groups, when clicked on the Tablet, I don't get back the ZoomedIn view!

Question

• Hi guys,

ZoomedOut contains a GridView which contains the Headers of my groups, when clicked on the Tablet, I don't get back the ZoomedIn view, it works fine on a my PC but not on my tablet. The same issue with the famous ContosoCookbook app! Any solution ?

Thursday, March 28, 2013 2:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'll try to involve more experts in this case.

Aaron
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, April 01, 2013 9:49 AM
  • can you try fixing the orientation to landscape or portrait and try? If it works fine in this mode, then this is something to do with the orientation. 

If you can tell me where to get this contesocookbook, then I will try on my tablet and give my feedback as well.

Ural

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 10:01 AM
  • Hi RagUral,

You can download the ContosoCookbook from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29854.

I will need a couple of days to try what you suggested because I don't have a tablet right now.

Thank you RagUral and Aaron Xue.

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 10:28 AM
  • Hi there,

so you mean when zooming out the app like the 1st snapshot shown, then zooming in by clicking a group like Chinese, you cannot get the ZoomedIn view like the 2nd snapshot, is this your issue? please correct me if anything is wrong.

Regards,

Jenny

Monday, April 08, 2013 8:24 AM
  • Hi Jenny,

Yes, it's exactly that. It works when clicked by the mouse, but not when clicked by finger on touch device.

And I found that the only event handler that responds to both mouse click and touch click is the "Tapped" event.

Thank you.

Monday, April 08, 2013 9:22 AM
  • Hi there,

How about the test result of XAML GridView grouping and SemanticZoom sample  and sample on this blog:http://eren.ws/2013/03/03/windows-8-gridview-groupedheaders-with-semantic-zoom/ which explicitly uses SemanticZoom.

Regards,

Jenny

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 2:10 AM
  • Hi Jenny,

I don't have a tablet right now to try it, I'm really sorry for that!

Best regards.

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 4:35 AM
  • then let's wait for your test rsults.

Regards,

Jenny

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 4:37 AM