using CDN and different locations RRS feed

• Question

• hello

I am looking to switch from my hosting to azure cloud service. I have signed up for a free 90 day account and uploaded  a drupal site using git and mysql db. I have found that the location I choose was east US but I want to change that. I couldn't change it so I deleted the site completely hooping that I could create new site in North Europe. but that was not available to me. so , am i locked now to a specific DC ? how can I create a web site in a different location? if I use the reserved instead of shared , will that allow me to create web sites in more then one location ?

I have noticed that I can go to old portal that run on silver light instead of the preview  portal which there have an option for CDN which I want , but I could not find the web site i created in the preview portal . Is there an option to use the old portal to create a php/mysql web site ? could I do it without visual studio on a mac ?

regards,

yosi.

Sunday, August 19, 2012 5:59 PM

Answers

• Hi, Yosi. Right now while in Preview, you can't choose a specific region.

You must use the new portal (the preview portal) in order to use Azure Web Sites.

Jim Cheshire | Microsoft

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 1:34 PM