none
Access 2010 - Macro Converted to VBA, Where Is It Stored? RRS feed

• Question

• I converted some global macros to VBA and I run through a Form.  I've been doing this for several years.  On a recent return from vacation I found that my VBA converts were not automatically visible in the default location.  I know this because I needed to change a macro.  I opened the macro in design view, made my change, saved it then converted it.  I can see the newly converted macro.  It's name is the name of my usual macro with the addition of '1' at the end.  This is normal.  The VBA pane would normally open up and I can see both the original macro under the plain name and the newly converted macro under the plain name plus '1' at the end.  This time I can only see the newly converted macro.  I can't find the original macro.  My regular routine would be to delete my old plain name macro and then rerun the conversion so I get a VBA file with the same name.  I can't do that this time.  Instead I went into my form to change the Event to the name of the newly converted macro and save it.  When I ran the form I got an error:

(I couldn't copy the error message here.  It says 'The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: The expression you entered has a function name that Microsoft Access can't find.)

I think Access can't find the newly converted file and I can't find the old file.  Or module.

Any ideas on how to remedy this?

• Edited by Cindy Sweeny Wednesday, November 1, 2017 7:53 PM
    Wednesday, November 1, 2017 7:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Cindy Sweeny,
    In my test, convert macro would generate different modules for each converting, such as Converted Macro-Test,Converted Macro-Test1,Converted Macro-Test2.
    How do you run the macro through a Form? In my test, I tried to run the macro via a button click event. However, I could only set the macro for the on click event but not the VBA code for the on click event. So it could still call the macro no matter I convert the macro to VBA code.
    Did i misunderstand anything? Could you share a simply database file so we could try to reproduce your issue? You could share file via OneDrive and put link here.
    Besides, what's the build number of your access? Did you update the access recently? If did, you could try to uninstall the update.
    Best Regards,
    Terry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 2, 2017 8:59 AM
  • Hi Cindy,

Has your issue been resolved?

If not, it would be helpful if you could share us a simple demo which could reproduce your issue.

Regards,

Tony

Help each other

Thursday, November 16, 2017 8:27 AM