How to update a shelveset from a code review in VS 2012? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Using VS 2012 with TFS and the integrated code review, how do I update the code in a shelveset once a code review is started? The only ugly workaround I see so far is to complete the code review as cancelled a start a new one.

Also, a side question is how to enable sending an e-mail notification to people who have a new code review assigned to them? The UI gave me the impression this would be the default behavior, but colleagues I am testing this with do not get any e-mail notificaiton when I assign them a code review (they do see the code review in VS 2012 when connected to TFS, just don't get e-mail notification about it).

With regards,

David.

Senior Soft. Dev. Eng. | Microsoft IT | Microsoft Corporation

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:24 PM

All replies

• Friday, November 2, 2012 5:14 AM
  • Hi,

I am recieving e-mail notification when a check-in occurs. So TFS seems able to issue e-mails, but doesn't for code reviews.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:02 PM
  • Hi David, 

Can you provide more information of the code review issue?

Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:14 AM
  • Well, what kind of additional information would you like? Sorry, I am a novice in TFS administration and don't know what/where is information to figure out why code review e-mail notifications are not happening.

Thursday, November 15, 2012 11:14 PM
  • Hi David, 

Sorry for my unclear question. 

I do not quite sure what do you mean by "but doesn't for code reviews". Do you mean code review feature is not work properly in your side? 

I hope you can give more description where you have doubt with. I don't quite sure what you want to know.

Friday, November 16, 2012 6:18 AM
  • Ah, understood. The code review feature itself works, in the sense that a developer can start a code review and other developers requested to review do see the code review request in VS 2012. However, they do not get an e-mail notification telling them they have been requested to review code. This missing e-mail notification for code review is what I meant as not working.

Friday, November 16, 2012 5:50 PM
  • Hi David,

Thank you for your post.

I am trying to involve someone to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 1:35 AM
  • Hi David,

Are Email notifications working on the server for other alerts?  For instance if you set up an alert for any change in Source Control, do you get email alerts?  If you sign up for a code review "I am working on changes", do you get anything?

Thanks,

Brad

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Thursday, November 22, 2012 12:30 AM