none
Microsoft .ACE.OLEDB.4.0 provider not registered on local machine RRS feed

• Question

• I was receiving Microsoft Jet.OLEDB 4.0 provide not registered on local machine.   I changed it to be ACE.OLEDB 12.0 in the settings of my VB program. I changed the target CPU to read x86.   I am using microsoft Access 2010 and visual Basic 10 on a Windows7 platform.  Where would I find the Microsoft ACe.OLEDB.4.0 provider that the error is pointing to?
    Friday, January 26, 2018 8:59 PM

All replies

• First, there is no ACE OLEDB Provider version 4.0 (Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.4.0).

Second, Jet OLEDB 4.0 (Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0) is for Access .mdb database files and is 32-bit only and that is why you need to change the Platform to x86 when running a 64-bit version of Windows.

For .accdb database files, the ACE OLEDB Provider (Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0) is installed with Microsoft Access 2007 or higher. If you have 32-bit Microsoft Access 2010 installed then set the Platform option (Build...Configuration Manager) to x86. If you have 64-bit Microsoft Access 2010 installed then set the Platform option to Any CPU or x64.

The ACE OLEDB Provider can also be downloaded and installed if it is not already installed on your machine:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

FYI, Microsoft generally recommends sticking with the 32-bit version of Microsoft Access and components when possible.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Friday, January 26, 2018 9:16 PM