Navigation problem in SketchFlow RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am working on a SketchFlow for a client project, and the SketchFlow appears to be throwing a number of errors when I am trying to navigate to some of my new screens. It is not consistent when the error will occur, other than it will eventually happen.

I have used the IE console window to find the following error being thrown:

SCRIPT5022: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application Value does not fall within the expected range. at MS.Internal.XcpImports.CheckHResult(UInt32 hr)
    at MS.Internal.XcpImports.Collection_AddValue[T](PresentationFrameworkCollection`1 collection, CValue value)
    at MS.Internal.XcpImports.Collection_AddDependencyObject[T](PresentationFrameworkCollection`1 collection, DependencyObject value)
    at System.Windows.PresentationFrameworkCollection`1.AddDependencyObject(DependencyObject value)
    at System.Windows.Controls.UIElementCollection.AddInternal(UIElement value)
    at Microsoft.Expression.Prototyping.Workspace.PlayerWindow.InstantiateScreen(String screen, Boolean showImmediately)
    at Microsoft.Expression.Prototyping.Workspace.PlayerWindow.TransitionScreens(String from, String to)
    at Microsoft.Expression.Prototyping.Navigation.NavigationViewModel.NavigateToScreen(String name, Boolean record)

I am not exactly sure where I should start on this one. I have had SketchFlow errors happen before, but that usually involves databinding and I can work around it by simply rebinding.

Any ideas on where I can get started on this problem?

Tuesday, July 5, 2011 4:39 PM

All replies

• That is a very strange call stack since it is in the internal SL code. Is it consistently on a certain screen? Anything unusual about the screens in question? Are you up to date with the SL version?
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 6:33 PM
  • I'm running Silverlight  4.0.60531.0, which I believe is the latest and greatest version. As for it happening constantly on a certain screen, there is one that I cannot ever seem to load, but the error usually happens before I am able to navigate to that screen. As for the screens in question, there isn't really anything special about them other than they have two visual states and a bunch of SketchFlow controls.

Is there anything I can do to get more information out of the SketchFlow? This is the first SketchFlow that I have had this problem.

--- David Wesst User Experience Consultant | MVP http://david.wes.st | @Wessty
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 8:13 PM
  • Is this a WP7 project or a regular SL project?
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 7:26 PM
  • What I meant to ask was is this the WP7 SketchFlow template?
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 7:27 PM
  • Nope. Just the regular SketchFlow Silverlight template.

Could it be my install or something?

Monday, July 11, 2011 2:37 PM
  • Any thoughts on how I can repair this? I really love using SketchFlow.
    Friday, July 15, 2011 9:36 PM
  • Sorry, for some reason the notification system here isn't working correctly for me.

We had an issue similar to this recently with a user using one of the WP7 SketchFlow templates. It ended up being duplicate visuals with the same name, do you have anything like that in your project?

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:15 PM