Azure Monitor integration with Azure Container Service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The Azure Container Service (ACS) tutorial shows integration with Operations Management Suite to monitor the cluster.

However, I am wondering if there is an integration of ACS with Azure Monitor. I would like to see the logs and metrics from my application that is deployed to a Kubernetes Cluster. This is what the docs have - Azure Monitor provides base level infrastructure metrics and logs for most services in Microsoft Azure. Azure services that do not yet put their data into Azure Monitor will put it there in the future.

Thanks,

Rajeev Sikka

Friday, September 22, 2017 4:30 PM

All replies

• Azure Container Service issues are better dealt on SO. I see that your SO thread has already been addressed, you may continue your discussion there to avoid duplication.

As outlined in the documentation, you may use OMS, Datadog, Sysdig and CoScale tools/agent for monitoring.

You may wish to keep a watch on Azure Updates and Azure Roadmap for the updates. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Friday, September 22, 2017 8:55 PM
    Owner
  • I want to specifically be able to access logging and metrics information output by my application. Per my understanding with OMS I can just monitor the state of my cluster. I cannot get to logging and metric information that are output from my app. Is that right OR am I wrong?

Rajeev Sikka

• Edited by Rajeev Sikka Friday, September 22, 2017 10:54 PM
    Friday, September 22, 2017 10:53 PM
  • Well, from this document it looks like only these: container events, errors, status, image inventory, and CPU and memory usage metrics can be monitored.

You may continue the discussion on your SO thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Saturday, September 23, 2017 6:54 PM
    Owner