Trigger a logic app (via http) with a recurrence trigger RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to trigger a logic app via a http call, then once triggered it calls a step to setup a reocurring schedule, I have managed to setup a recurrence step up, but can't get it to trigger once its called. It only works in isolation as a scheduler.
    Monday, November 26, 2018 2:47 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

Recurrence trigger is schedule trigger what it means that you have scheduled the workflow to run at the specified internal of time  . I dont think you can change the schedule trigger behaviour through HTTP call , If you want to implement sequential flow  then why not to use HTTP action instead of recurrence trigger  . There are multiple pattern you can implement and all this depends on what is your requirement  

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 1:09 AM

All replies

• I'm not sure if I understand what you are trying exactly based on the title and description of you query. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I believe you are trying something like this
    1. Recurrence based Trigger should call HTTP Triggered Logic App
        Yes. This is possible. Check out Nested Logic Apps.
    2. HTTP Triggered Logic App has to run its steps on a schedule
        For this, I believe you would want to use the Delay / Delay Until connectors available for Logic Apps.

If you need the step(s) in this Logic App to be recurring for an invocation, you should be able to use of the existing looping connectors like Until and control how many times it should run based on a condition. Due to take note of the limiting parameters (Count & Timeout) for Until that you would have to configure if you have long running steps (delay included I believe) in the loop.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 1:22 AM
  • Hi ,

Recurrence trigger is schedule trigger what it means that you have scheduled the workflow to run at the specified internal of time  . I dont think you can change the schedule trigger behaviour through HTTP call , If you want to implement sequential flow  then why not to use HTTP action instead of recurrence trigger  . There are multiple pattern you can implement and all this depends on what is your requirement  

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 1:09 AM