Custom code for saving InfoPath file locally?? RRS feed

• Question

•  I would like to give a user the ability to fill a form on SharePoint site and click on save button which would be added directly to the form allowing the user to save file to their local computer versus clicking on the built in Submit button in the ribbon that submits the form back to the SharePoint Document library. I wanted to pop up the Save As dialog box and allow them to save the file locally.

On the button's OnClick event there is the following subroutine in Visual Basic present... Could someone assist by providing code to meet the request?

Public Sub CTRL39_5_Clicked(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As ClickedEventArgs)
                ' Write your code here.

End Sub

• Edited by Peeps23 Thursday, December 15, 2016 2:01 PM
    Wednesday, December 14, 2016 6:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Peeps23,

you had mentioned that you want to fill the form on sharepoint site.

and on the click event of button you want to save the InfoPath file to the local machine.

you had posted this issue on VSTO Forum.

with the help of VSTO you can develop an addin that can work in MS Office InfoPath Application on local machine.

it will not work on sharepoint site.

so as per your requirement. I think that issue is not related with VSTO.

issue is related with sharepoint development.

so I think you need to post the question on SharePoint development forum.

SharePoint 2013 - Development and Programming

Sharepoint Forum

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Peeps23 Thursday, December 15, 2016 3:02 PM
    Thursday, December 15, 2016 4:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Peeps23,

you had mentioned that you want to fill the form on sharepoint site.

and on the click event of button you want to save the InfoPath file to the local machine.

you had posted this issue on VSTO Forum.

with the help of VSTO you can develop an addin that can work in MS Office InfoPath Application on local machine.

it will not work on sharepoint site.

so as per your requirement. I think that issue is not related with VSTO.

issue is related with sharepoint development.

so I think you need to post the question on SharePoint development forum.

SharePoint 2013 - Development and Programming

Sharepoint Forum

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Peeps23 Thursday, December 15, 2016 3:02 PM
    Thursday, December 15, 2016 4:31 AM
  • Hello Deepak,

I have posted in the Development and Programming forum per your suggestion. Thanks.

Thursday, December 15, 2016 2:32 PM