• I want to make a report to show the projects and

1. Current completion percentage
    2. Previous week completion percentage
    3. Next week expected completion percentage

how can I get this information?

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 8:51 AM

Answers

• After investigation i plan to :

- calculate the next week (expected) by using the information in this view "dbo.MSP_EpmAssignment_UserView " depend on these fields

- "AssignmentWork" (Planned for remaining work)

- "AssignmentActualWork" (Actual work already done in project)

- previous week i will put a SQL job to take the needed values from this view "dbo.MSP_EpmProject_UserView " (every week schedule) into new table, i will use it later for reporting. 

Note: if there is better approach will be appreciated 

• Marked as answer by Feras Damra Tuesday, May 31, 2016 9:47 AM
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 10:16 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The simplest way to do this is have two custom fields and get the PM's update the % complete in the "last week % complete" field and the % complete value for the "next week expected % complete" field then report of that. Alternatively you could use a custom snap shot process to capture that data weekly then reportt on the snap shot data.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 9:00 AM
  • You can use the task % Complete field to get the current percentage. Once a week, copy those values to a custom text field (Project doesn't seem to let you copy them to a number field). That will give you the previous week's percentage (next week, anyway).

The question is, how do you handle next week's expected percentage. Is it something you ask the task's owner for or do you want to compute it? And if you do want to compute it do you do it assuming progress as planned?

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 6:55 PM
  • After investigation i plan to :

- calculate the next week (expected) by using the information in this view "dbo.MSP_EpmAssignment_UserView " depend on these fields

- "AssignmentWork" (Planned for remaining work)

- "AssignmentActualWork" (Actual work already done in project)

- previous week i will put a SQL job to take the needed values from this view "dbo.MSP_EpmProject_UserView " (every week schedule) into new table, i will use it later for reporting. 

Note: if there is better approach will be appreciated 

• Marked as answer by Feras Damra Tuesday, May 31, 2016 9:47 AM
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 10:16 AM