Has Windows 10 broken ASP.Net Configuration tool? RRS feed

• Question

• User694418659 posted

Hello,

I am an irregular stranger to ASP.Net
    I use the ASP.Net Configuration Tool in VWD2010 for an occasional update of roles in our membership system.

The other day I tried to run it and received this error -

Line 987:
    Line 988:             // Put together some unique app id
    Line 989:             string appId = StringUtil.GetNonRandomizedHashCode(String.Concat(appPath, appPhysPath)).ToString("x", CultureInfo.InvariantCulture);
    Line 990:
    Line 991:

The only thing that I can think of that has changed recently on this machine is Windows 10 was installed. Any ideas on how to sort this out?

As an aside, does the ASP.Net Configuration Tool (or something similar) exist in VS2015?

Martin

Thursday, August 27, 2015 12:04 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi Martin,

I can think of that has changed recently on this machine is Windows 10 was installed.

I install Visual Web Developer 2010 Express using WPI, it works fine, I don't think this is related to Windows 10 platform.

It's recommended to set breakpoints in your application, perhaps it will give some hints why this happens.

As an aside, does the ASP.Net Configuration Tool (or something similar) exist in VS2015?

The Web Site Administration Tool is included with the Microsoft Visual Web Developer Web development tool. As I know, the option to select “ASP.Net Web Configuration Manager” is no longer since Visual Studio 2013, but you can try this workaround in VS 2015, and check whether it is available.

With regards,

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, August 28, 2015 2:14 AM